Register to Walk a Mile 2016
Walk: Sam Steele Days Parade on June 18, 2016.
This event asks men to walk one mile in women’s high-heeled shoes.
It’s not easy walking in these shoes, but it’s fun and it gets the community to talk about something that’s really difficult to talk about: Gender relations and sexual violence.
1) Register online
Click here to register!
2) Collect pledges from your friends, family and colleagues on the
Walker Pledge Form 2016
To collect pledges, try asking people: “How much would you pay to see me walk a mile in high-heeled shoes—during a big parade?”
3) Shoe Fitting and Pledge Collection :: Thursday, June 16.
At the Cranbrook Women’s Resource Centre, in the Community Connections Building, 209A 16th Avenue N. Cranbrook, BC.
Pick out and try out your high-heeled shoes and hand in all pledges.
4) Walk on parade day.
Check in by 9:30 am. We’ll be in the Cranbrook Ankors Building, #46- 17th Avenue South.
Then hit the streets and strut your stuff. At the end of the walk, we’ll collect the high-heeled shoes and issue your official Walk a Mile® wallet card.
5) Support the Cranbrook Women’s Resource Centre by participating.
6) Earn fun prizes by collecting the most pledges in your category!
Challenge other individuals, groups, businesses to see who can raise the most.
Share more info with your ‘man pals’ :: Walk a Mile Intro Sheet 2016
Download some info!
• Walker Intro Sheet 2016
• Challenge Letter to Businesses 2016
• Registration form
• Can’t Walk? Donate instead
Phone: Trina Ayling at 250-432-5854.